Personal Loans work in such a way that when you receive a credit of money to your account, then it is up to you to select on where do you want to invest the money on it can be on either purchasing a car, purchasing a house etc.
This helps you to break down all the large expenses into small monthly payment through which you can pay back the amount of loan that you have taken from the lender.
A businessman who has started his business can take a business loan also known as a SME loan (Small and Medium Enterprise) in which the businessman can use the money to cover whichever expenses he wants to.
A personal loan has a lower interest rate than credit card as personal loan can be given back in monthly payment as in credit card you will have to pay the full amount which you have taken from the credit card at the end on the month.
Credit is very important nowadays because everywhere in the world money is involved, and if you have taken a loan then you should be ready to take all the prevention and risk which a loan offers and pay the amount of loan back in the given time to increase your credit score.
What is a personal loan?
This is a type of loan that you can take from the bank, financial institution, NBFC or private money lenders etc. In which you will get the amount you have requested for on the basis of your repayment ability and your credit score.
You can choose the thing on which you want to spend the money on it can either be a house, car, appliances, machinery etc. Many people take a personal loan to pay for the medical expenses as well as the education purpose; also, it clearly depends upon the borrower.
These are the common terms which you should know about before taking a loan:-
- Principal:- this is the amount of loan that you have requested from the lender and to complete this principal you have pay monthly instalment and the principal amount will decrease.
- Interest:- Whenever you take a loan you will have to pay some interest as you will be taking money from the lender and using it for your own purpose so you will have to pay the interest amount and it is usually calculated in percentage.
- Term:- Whenever you take a loan, it will be for a period of time, and that time is known as the term.
- Monthly payment:- You will have to pay the amount of principal back to the lender by paying a small amount of money monthly.
- Unsecured loan:- Personal loan means that it is unsecured loan as you don’t have to put anything as collateral but if you take a home loan then if you are not able to pay back the principal the lender will take the house you purchased.
Which is better personal loan or credit card loan
These are the things for which you can take a credit card loan for:-
- When you have an instant need of cash to make the payment of something.
- When you want to take a small amount of loan and only for some time until you have completed the payment of the thing you are stuck with.
- You can even take this loan when you are not eligible to take a personal loan as the criteria for every loan is different and has its own terms.
- You can even take this loan if you are getting a better rate of interest than a personal loan as many banks and financial institution can charge a large amount of interest depending on the reason for which you are taking a loan.
When to take a personal loan
You can apply for a personal loan for this list of things:-
- You can take this loan if you want to borrow a huge amount of money as you have to make a payment for a house, car or a boat.
- You can take this loan if you can wait a week for this loan to get approved and get the amount of money that you have requested for with the reason stated.
- You can take this loan after you have looked at all the other types of loans and then you have found that you are getting a huge amount of loan and also at a lower rate of interest than the others.
- You can take this loan as you have to pay for your business or you can even take this loan to give payment to those people who do not accept credit card as a payment option.
- Before directly taking the loan you have to make sure of the total amount for which you want a loan and also have to make sure that the period for which you are taking a loan will suit your repayment method and also will have to compare other loans and see if you want a huge loan or if you want a small amount you can opt for a credit card loan.
Both of the loans are circumstantial. It depends on person to person for which loan they want to apply. Moreover, credit card loan is taken especially by people who have negligible chances of getting a personal loan.
Do personal loan affect your credit score
No credit instrument that you take will affect your credit score until you have cleared its payment or if you have missed an EMI payment then it will show in your cre3dit as a missed payment, and you will have a time of extra two days to clear it until your credit score is affected by the missed EMI.
Nothing can affect your credit score until you don’t pay for your EMI on time or you don’t have money to repay, so you are avoiding to pay the EMI.
Should I take a personal loan to pay off credit card loan?
Yes, you can take a personal loan to clear anything you want as it provides you with a lower interest rate and also you will have much time later onwards to pay off the loan taken by you.
I hope this article has provided you with the knowledge you are seeking.