What connects the manufacturing industry with a potential market? The products reach the shelves of retail shops and supermarkets with the help of a supply chain and logistics system. The inflow and outflow of finished goods from a warehouse to the suppliers, wholesalers, and retailers are determined by the capabilities of a supply chain management team employed by a company.
You can easily figure out how important this pillar of the management of a business is these days. This is why many aspirants look for the best supply chain management courses in India to pursue and set a career in this domain. If you also have an interest in this particular segment, here is what you need to know about this management course.
PG Diploma course in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
It is a 2-years course taught in the leading management institutes and universities in India. The course has an excellent set of subjects following the standards set by the educational boards for the development of aspirants. During this course, an aspirant will learn the following things.
- Understanding and inculcating the responsibilities of a supply chain manager
- Developing skills to make the supply chain of an employer more efficient
- Figuring out the hurdles and understand the challenges to overcome them by designing and implementing new solutions
- Making situation-oriented decisions along with the team
- Being a team player by understanding the importance of coordination and cooperation
- Properly imbibing the policies designed and mandated by a company
- Maintaining an excellent communication channel to ensure proper remittance of issues and meeting the demands of a market
Pursuing a PG Diploma in supply chain management & logistics MP will help a candidate to the basic requirements of the field and get the best knowledge of the industry. This course should be pursued by a reputed college to avail of the best infrastructure and make every resource count. You will also be able to develop industry-specific and interpersonal skills to become a competitive candidate.
Subjects taught in a PG Diploma course in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
The students will find the following core subjects included in the supply chain management course.
- Financial management
- Managerial Economics
- Strategic supply chain management
- Organizational behavior
- Professional communication
- Inventory management
- Business Environment
- Procurement of inventory
- Warehouse management
- Marketing Management
- Management foundation, etc.
Apart from these core subjects, a reputed college like Amity Gwalior includes non-core subjects in the course to provide a platform where the students can develop interpersonal skills. They will learn how to communicate with the team members and maintain absolute professionalism.
Choose the right course
The best supply chain management courses in India will maintain a proper balance between developing industry-specific skills and interpersonal skills. Find the best university that offers a diverse platform full of the latest infrastructure you need to construct your academic profile. Do your research and make a list of such colleges to choose the most suitable one.