Christianity and divinity are two parallel words, as this religion is centered on Jesus Christ and his life, work and sacrifices. The holy book of the Christians is The Bible. Christian means “belonging to Christ” because the Christian’s goal is to become more like Jesus. Christianity is more than a religion or a tradition. It is a way of living and a relationship with God. If you read some of the Best Christian books of all time, you will know that Jesus Christ is the son of God, who was sent to the Earth to save humanity. Here we give you some important information of what does Christians believe –
- There is only one God, almighty, perfect and creator of all things.
- The Bible is the Word of God and the foundation of the entire Christian faith.
- It was “He” (The Almighty), who created humanity,
- Because of people’s sin, we are separated from God and under his just condemnation.
- He loves us and does not want to punish us for our acts.
- The almighty sent Jesus to us, so that he forgives our sins.
- It was Jesus, who paid for our sins on the holy cross.
- If you want mercy, it is you who should repent of your sins and ask for forgiveness from him.
- Every Christian should be baptized.
- The Church is the group of all those who truly believe in Jesus and are saved.
Historical aspects of Christianity
Christianity emerged 2019 years ago (according to the Christian calendar), with the birth of Jesus Christ in Palestine. Jesus Christ conveyed the message of love, detachment from material goods and forgiveness amid a tense political scenario. After his death, his main followers (apostles) took charge of spreading the teachings and founding the church of Christ. You can watch some of the Best Christian movies of all time if you want to know each aspect in detail.
What are the main precepts?
The primary goal of this religion is to show respect and love to the God, also to show respects your neighbor more than yourself. One of the great innovations of Christianity is the institution of the principle of forgiveness and humility, revealing the face of a human God who promotes the liberation of humanity. There are also the Ten Commandments, which God would have delivered to Moses. They are:
- There is only one God, and no one else before you,
- You are prohibited to create a sculpture image,
- You are prohibited taking almighty’s name in vain,
- Remember the Sabbath to keep it holy,
- Honor your father and mother,
- You shall not kill,
- You shall not commit adultery,
- You shall not steal,
- You will not say false testimony,
- You will not lie,
- You will not covet the neighbor’s wife.
If you want these ten commandants or any other religious lines from the Bible or any images related to the Christianity printed on your t-shirt, you can buy Christian tshirts online now.
What is the greatest curiosity about Christianity?
Jesus Christ was a devout Jew and complemented the religion he followed, emerging as the Messianic figure foreseen in the Hebrew Scriptures, the main collection of texts from the ancient Hebrews, which became known in Christianity as the Old Testament. It took long time for Jesus’ supporters to distinguish themselves from the Jews. However, they had to show that they were not different than Judaism, but a variation. With about 2.3 billion practitioners, Christianity represents about a third of the world’s population and is the official religion of several countries.