Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese therapy. It involves the stimulation of specific parts of the skin with thin, sterilized needles. Since this practice is thousands of years old, it is extremely safe, painless, and risk-free. Experts of acupuncture near me have mastered this therapy technique and use it to cure all types of chronic pain. They can even help patients suffering from chronic migraines and headaches.
Can Acupuncture Help Migraine Patients?
Although acupuncture near me is still relatively rare, Western medicine experts publish glowing reports about this therapy every year. This ancient therapy technique has been proven to help reduce nausea treating chronic muscle pain and other ailments. Now, studies are proving that acupuncture can even help treat migraines.
- In a recent set of 22 clinical trials, acupuncture helped reduce the frequency of headaches in 4985 migraine patients. The treatment helped relieve tension headaches in patients, which in turn reduced the severity of their migraines.
- The American Migraine Foundation also reported that headache frequency drops by 50% after 4-6 months of receiving acupuncture treatments.
- In a 2019 study called “Headache,” acupuncture was proven to be more effective than pharmacological treatments for migraine.
Getting acupuncture near me definitively helps migraine patients.
Why Acupuncture is so Popular Among Migraine Patients
Acupuncture is famous for treating neck pain, low back pain, and osteoarthritis. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), these pains are related to headaches and migraines. Here are some reasons why acupuncture is so popular among migraine patients –
- Safe: When performed by a licensed professional, acupuncture is completely safe. Experts of acupuncture near me always use safe, sterilized, and pain-free needles to perform this process. This therapy technique is over a thousand years old. It has been practiced billions of times across the world. Hence, modern-day experts of this ancient Chinese physiotherapy technique know all about the potential risks. They perform these procedures with utmost care. After the first visit, most patients get over the slight discomfort of having needles inserted into their bodies.
- No Side-Effects: Unlike pain medications, acupuncture has no long-term side effects on migraine patients. If a patient doesn’t like this therapy technique, he/she can simply stop the treatment and seek out alternatives. There are no side effects. Acupuncturists always examine the patients and review their conditions before starting treatment. They insert thin, sterile needles only after the patients feel 100% comfortable. Overall, the process is painless and risk-free.
- Combination with Other Treatments: The best part about receiving acupuncture near me is that it can be combined with other treatments. Acupuncture helps patients control the frequency of headaches they experience, while medications help keep the intensity of these headaches down. Combining the two can help chronic migraine patients add stability to their lives. Acupuncture also helps patients who are averse or allergic to pain medications.
The FDA has approved acupuncture as a therapy for treating migraines and severe headaches. Patients with such issues must find a licensed practitioner. Undergoing acupuncture alongside conventional treatments can help patients avoid chronic or severe migraines.