You may be asking yourself whether you really want to add being stabbed with needles on purpose to the lengthy list of unpleasant experiences that come with being pregnant. Many expectant mothers experience nausea and headaches throughout pregnancy, and many have found relief with acupuncture. In fact, there is evidence from scientific studies to suggest that acupuncture can help alleviate some of the most prevalent pregnancy-related discomforts and pains. So, what are the benefits of acupuncture for managing pregnancy discomforts?
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a kind of alternative medicine that has been used in China for many centuries. In Chinese medicine, acupuncture is used to restore the body’s natural flow of vital energy through its internal routes (called meridians). An acupuncturist inserts hair-thin needles into the skin at certain spots along the meridians to restore health and regulate imbalances.
Does it work? It has been scientifically proven that some acupuncture sites directly correspond with certain nerves in the body; when these points are manipulated manually or electrically (electroacupuncture), the corresponding nerves are stimulated. Here are the common benefits of acupuncture for the management of pregnancy discomforts.
Benefits of Acupuncture for Pregnancy Discomforts.
Acupuncture is a safe and effective therapeutic option for symptomatic pregnancy. Here are five ways in which acupuncture can help with common pregnancy discomforts:
- Morning sickness. Up to 80% of pregnant women experience morning sickness, nausea, and vomiting. Research shows that acupuncture can help with morning sickness. According to new research, acupuncture is even more effective than anti-nausea medications at calming nausea and vomiting that are typical of morning sickness.
- Fatigue is a common issue among pregnant individuals, especially in the first and third trimesters. Acupuncture’s stress-relieving and mood-elevating effects make it an effective treatment for fatigue. Acupuncture can aid pregnant women in maintaining an active lifestyle by boosting their energy levels.
- Back pain. The growing baby may exert a lot of pressure on the mother’s lower back, leading to discomfort and pain. Acupuncture can help relieve back pain since it causes the body to produce its own supply of endorphins, which are natural analgesics, The improved circulation and reduced inflammation brought on by acupuncture can also hasten recovery.
- Getting ready to give birth. Acupuncture can also be used to prepare for labor and delivery. Acupuncture’s ability to ease and speed up labor by stimulating certain spots on the body is well-documented. Acupuncture’s calming effects on the mind and body are especially beneficial during labor.
- Pregnant women often report insomnia or other sleep problems. Acupuncture is a useful tool for enhancing the quality and quantity of your sleep due to its sedative and stress-reducing effects. Acupuncture has been shown to assist pregnant women in sleeping better, leading to a more rejuvenating day.
Mirvacu Offers the Best Acupuncture Treatments in Houston, Texas.
Mirvana Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs offers acupuncture treatments for pregnant women searching for a natural and reliable method of alleviating common discomforts accompanying pregnancy. Pregnancy-related discomforts, including nausea, back pain, fatigue, and sleeplessness, are common, and our qualified acupuncturists are experts at alleviating these issues. You may feel more at ease and confident throughout your pregnancy by taking advantage of our soothing and all-natural solutions for common pregnancy discomforts. Get your pregnancy off to a good start by scheduling an appointment with Mirvana Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs now.